Attention deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder that may affect children within the early stages of their lives, and may continue until adolescence. This disorder limits the attention span of the child who becomes easily distracted by external stimuli, and also easily irritated. Whether it is listening to their teachers or following their daily routine, ADHD complicates almost all of the child’s tasks.
ADHD can be classified in three different categories:
- The first type is characterized by hyperactivity and decreased attention..
- The second type is dominated by complete inattention..
- The third type is dominated by hyperactivity and aggressive behavior.
- Studies show that foods rich in Zinc reduce aggressive behavior and hyperactivity. Sources of zinc are found in seafood, meat, chicken, dairy products, broad beans, sweets, whole grain, and fortified grains.
- Fish oil and omega-3 supplements may improve cognitive abilities. Omega 3 fatty acid can be found in salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel, and sardines.
Herbal and Dietary Supplements:
- Flax seed oil rich in omega 3 fats&6.
- Spirulina (Blue-green algae) contains iron, zinc, and essential fatty acids which may help increase concentration..
- Evening Primrose, valerian, and chamomile flowers may decrease hyperactivity.
- Ginseng and Ginkgo biloba may help increase concentration.
The instructions and recommendations mentioned in this diet are general guidelines and do not take into account differences between individuals. Any health condition should be treated by a specialist and we advise you to consult your doctor before taking any product that may affect your health.