Autoimmune diseases appear when the immune system fails to differentiate between what belongs in the body, and what does not. So, the immune system attacks body tissues, nerves, and organs.:
- (SLE – Systemic lupus erythematosus)
- (Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- (Multiple Sclerosis)
Symptoms of Autoimmune Diseases:
Symptoms of autoimmune diseases may vary depending on the disease, and time-span:
- Joint pain, muscle weakness, and exhaustion..
- Skin rash, sensitivity from sunlight.
- Loss of hair, white spots on skin & in the mouth.
- Inflammation of the spinal & limb nerves
- Multiple abortions.
- Avoid processed foods, and consume vegetables rich in fibers, such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, turnips, and spinach in order to help rid your body of toxins.
- Consume foods rich in glutathione, which are one of the strongest in antioxidants for the body. It is found in vegetables rich in sulfur such as onions, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Consume foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids such as flax seeds, and flaxseed oil to prevent chronic inflammation and reduce painful arthritis symptoms.
- Consume pineapples that contain bromelain. Pineapples were used for decades in Central America as an anti-inflammatory food.
- Consume beta-carotene Vitamin A as it protects against inflammation. Good sources of beta carotene include apricots, carrots, pumpkins, sweet potato, turnip, walnut, and kale.
- Avoid the consumption of gluten within your diet, as this protein (found in wheat, oats and barley) is associated with the development of autoimmune diseases.
- Avoid the consumption of salty foods because they may aggravate some autoimmune diseases.
Herbal and Dietary Supplements:
- Vitamin D: Studies show that a decrease in vitamin D levels may be associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Psoriasis.
- Fish oil, vitamin C & Probiotics: Help to naturally modify Immune response.
- Mountain Honey: Rich in antioxidants from Sidr mountain flowers that are classified as immune boosters. Children will benefit from mountain honey as an antiinflammatory and a painkiller.
- Propolis: A Natural source of antioxidants (Flavonoids) that are used as anti-inflammatory agents.
- Green Tea: Contains high levels of antioxidants (polyphenols) that may prevent arthritis.
- Celery Seeds, Chamomile, Ginger & Turmeric combat inflammation and serve as effective painkillers used to treat the symptoms of arthritis.
The instructions and recommendations mentioned in this diet are general guidelines and do not take into account differences between individuals. Any health condition should be treated by a specialist and we advise you to consult your doctor before taking any product that may affect your health.