Cancer Chemotherapy and radiation therapy have a significant impact on the body of the patient. The harsh effects of chemotherapy must be compensated by a healthy and balanced diet.
The main side effects of chemotherapy include:
- Poor appetite
- Change in the smell and flavor of food
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Drink 8-10 cups of water daily to prevent dehydration and accumulation of toxins in the body.
- Avoid saturated fats, hydrogenated oils and refined grains because they are the fuel of cancer. Eat cold pressed vegetable oils such as olive oil and flaxseed oil.
- Eat whole grains such as brown rice, barley and whole wheat..
- Eat antioxidant-rich foods to increase body immunity and cleanse the body of harmful substances. The top vital antioxidant foods are: berries, pomegranate, artichokes, flaxseed, cloves, broccoli, lentils, nuts, turnip, dark chocolate, white beans, grapes, apples, fig and turmeric.
- Eat all vegetables and their juices such as carrots – beets – celery – spinach – tomatoes .
- To overcome constipation, it is recommended to drink plenty of water and eat foods rich in natural fiber such as brown rice, lentils, fresh fruit or dried fruits, pulses and vegetables.
- To avoid diarrhea, it is recommended to eat rice, banana, apple and make sure to drink water to keep the body hydrated.
- To avoid mouth ulcers or dry mouth, it is recommended to grind the food to be easy to eat or choose foods easy to swallow such as soups, yogurt and kefir.
- To overcome nausea, choose soft foods that do not contain strong odors.
- To overcome anorexia, the most important problems facing a cancer patient, it is recommended to eat protein and energy-rich meals every two hours, such as cheese, nuts, sweets, protein supplements, yogurt and ice cream.
- To overcome taste changes, it is recommended to eat small amounts of food and experience new foods, as well as acid fruits such as orange and lemon. You can drink some water before eating.
Herbal and Dietary Supplements:
- فيتامينAntioxidants like vitamin A, C, E, zinc, selenium and flavonoids
- Garlic: Studies have shown that garlic contains cancer-resistant properties and strengthens the immune system.
- Ginger: helps overcome nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy.
- Bee Propolis is a powerful antioxidant and inhibitor tumor growth and remarkably reduces the damage of chemotherapy.
- Pollen: provides the body with nutrients necessary to compensate for cell death, and reduce the side effects of the treatment.
- Dandelion, burdock, celery and parsley: to purify the blood of toxins and encourage production of urine.
- Green Tea: Antioxidant and anti-cancer, it helps slow the growth of cancer cells and improves the performance of chemotherapy, so it is recommended to drink green tea every day.
- Wheatgrass is rich in vitamins A, B, K, E, zinc, iron and chlorophyll which helps eliminate residual poisons.
- Spirulina: contains the antioxidant and antitumor compound Phycocyanin.
- Psyllium husks: to regulate bowel movement and prevent constipation or diarrhea and detoxification.
The instructions and recommendations mentioned in this diet are general guidelines and do not take into account differences between individuals. Any health condition should be treated by a specialist and we advise you to consult your doctor before taking any product that may affect your health.