Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
CFS has only been diagnosed for the past 25 years and has spread strongly in developed societies. It affects businessmen and executives who suffer from mental stress for long periods of time and work for long office hours. It is the result of depletion of essential elements to the brain and the accumulation of many toxins in the body due to lack of exercise and irregular meal schedules.
If you have a stress that does not go away after bed rest, and it is so severe that it reduces your daily activity for six months, excluding any organic or psychological disease, then you have the chronic stress syndrome. This can be recovered by using natural products that provide important nutrients and purify the blood and body of accumulated toxins and increase oxygen pumping to the brain and help maintain its activity.
- Water-rich foods such as green leafy vegetables, cantaloupe or melons, as well as Vitamin C-rich foods such as sweet red peppers and oranges may help give a metabolic boost and increase removal of toxins from the body. Antioxidants in these fruits and vegetables also help reduce oxidative stress which may well be one factor causing CFS.
Herbal and Dietary Supplements:
- Pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds fight stress due to their high content of magnesium, which provides better oxygen delivery during rest & exercise.
- Walnuts: CFS is associated with a deficiency in Omega-3 fats. Walnuts are one great source of omega 3 fatty acids that combat inflammation and reduce fatigue
- Liver cleansing herbs such as dandelion, parsley and celery help the body get rid of toxins which lead to chronic stress.
- Dark Chocolate is rich in polyphenols, which raise the levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain, enhancing the feeling of calm, and reducing stress.
- Tea: Thanks to its wonderful balance of caffeine and L-thianine. Coffee, though higher in caffeine compared to tea, but it lacks an important anti-stress substance, L-thianine, a substance which improves cognition and reduces the symptoms of chronic stress.
- Wheat germ and wheat germ oil increase endurance and a source of vitamins B and E.
- Bee pollen: Helps replenish all essential nutrients to the body. An immune booster.
The instructions and recommendations mentioned in this diet are general guidelines and do not take into account differences between individuals. Any health condition should be treated by a specialist and we advise you to consult your doctor before taking any product that may affect your health.