Hair health is associated with several factors, most important of which are your eating habits. Nutrients such as proteins, essential fatty acids and vitamins are the key to healthy hair. The lack of these nutrients can lead to hair loss, split ends or frizz. Usually, the normal rate of hair loss is 50 – 100 hairs per day.
Herbal and Dietary Supplements:
- Royal jelly: Royal jelly is used internally & locally as a tonic for hair growth.
- Take Korean or Siberian ginseng as it helps stimulate blood circulation and hair growth.
- Ginkgo helps increase blood circulation in the scalp and feed the follicles with essential nutrients to promote hair growth, while giving it a glossy appearance and a soft texture.
- Dandelion and burdock help in cleansing the liver and blood of toxins.
- Wheatgrass: Used as a concentrated source of nutrients and contains vitamin A, E and zinc, all are effective antioxidants.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Eat foods containing vitamins and minerals. Vitamin A, is important in stimulating blood circulation that nourishes the hair follicles, and the lack of it may lead to the formation of dandruff. Vitamin C is important to stimulate blood circulation that nourishes hair follicles and its deficiency may lead to hair splitting, vitamin E increases the absorption of oxygen to the scalp which improves the health and growth of the hair. Zinc works to stimulate hair growth and iron works to carry oxygen to the hair follicles, iron deficiency and anemia is a major cause of hair loss.
The instructions and recommendations mentioned in this diet are general guidelines and do not take into account differences between individuals. Any health condition should be treated by a specialist and we advise you to consult your doctor before taking any product that may affect your health.