Immunodeficiency can be described as the state in which the immune system function deteriorates & fails to resist infections.
● Diseases that weaken immunity such as AIDS, chronic infections, and cancer.
● Surgeries and third degree burns.
● Adopting unhealthy lifestyle which includes malnutrition, nervous tension, inadequate sleep, and lack of personal hygiene.
● Immunosuppressants such as cortisone, chemotherapy, and excessive use of antibiotics.
Symptoms of immunodeficiency:
- Recurrent infections
- Hair loss
- Gum disease
- skin disease
- weight loss
- slow healing of wounds
Consume foods rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and iron such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains (whole wheat flour – barley – brown rice – oats), legumes, seeds, and nuts.
● Consume dark green vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, turnips, and eruca because of their content of antioxidants which protect against infections and diseases.
● Consume low-fat red meat, skinless chicken, fish, and low fat dairy products
● Replace saturated fats such as ghee and butter with natural oils such as olive oil, soybean oil, and flaxseed oil.
● Avoid processed oils (margarine) and their products as much as possible because they have been associated with chronic disease.
● Decrease the consumption of white flour and its products such as bread, pies, and sweets.
● Limit your consumption of low nutrient high calorie foods such as carbonated drinks, desserts, and sweets.
● Consume foods rich in vitamin E such as wheat germ oil, wheat germ, seeds, nuts, spinach, and brown rice.
● Consume foods which contain selenium such as fish, red meat, garlic, and whole grains which are beneficial because selenium is an antioxidant that helps reduce cancer risk.
Herbal and Dietary Supplements:
● Mountain Sidr Honey: Classified as a booster of the immune system because of its rich content of antioxidants that come from rare mountain flowers.
● Propolis: One of the best natural sources of antioxidants and is considered the oldest type of antibiotic in nature. It helps enhance the activity of the immune system.
● Fennel seed: Rich in antioxidants and supports the immune system.
● Echinacea: The best-selling herb all over the world for strengthening the immune system and fight infection.
● Shiitake & Reishi: two of the most studied mushrooms that support the immune system. Seaweed also helps balance the amount of iron within the body.
● Royal Jelly: A miraculous food that supports the regeneration and renewal of cells. It aids recovery as it is known as an energy booster; it fights off the fatigue associated with the disease. Royal Jelly also has a positive effect on a person’s cognitive functions, such as concentration and memory.
● Wheatgrass: A rich source of vitamins, iron, and chlorophyll. It cleanses the blood, detoxifies, and boosts immunity.
● Dandelion & Burdock: One of the herbs that increases immunity by cleansing and purifying the body from toxins.
● Ginseng: A powerful energizer for the nervous system and helps relieve the side effects of chemotherapy.
● Organic Protein Supplements: Such as Bee Pollen, Wheat Germ, and Soy Protein which are high in energy and rich in antioxidants.
The instructions and recommendations mentioned in this diet are general guidelines and do not take into account differences between individuals. Any health condition should be treated by a specialist and we advise you to consult your doctor before taking any product that may affect your health.