Enhancing the mental functioning and increasing the assimilation require healthy food which provides growth, intelligence and protection, because the child who is eating healthy food reaches the highest possible growth rate as well as the maximum learning capacity.
• Our children’s food should include five units of fruit and vegetables per day (banana, apple, small plate of salads), with a total of five units distributed throughout the day.
• It is preferred to drink fresh fruits and vegetables juices, distilled or mineral water, herbal tea and yogurt. Avoid cola or soft drinks, sweetened and processed juices, especially the canned ones.
• Avoid white sugar and artificial sweeteners. Eat honey, fresh fruits, dried fruits and their juices.
• Choose starch rich in fiber such as whole wheat products and such as whole grain bread, brown rice, muesli, oats and barley breads. Because starches make up a great amount of our food, it is good to avoid fiber-free starch such as white flour and its products of cakes, pastries and pasta as most of it is not good for the health of your child and in order to avoid constipation.
• Meat, chicken, salmon, sardines and tuna, as well as legumes such as beans, lentils, white beans, cowpea and soybeans.
• Cold-pressed oils are essential for the body health such as olive oil and linseed oil because they contain important vitamin E for the development of brain growth.
• Eat carrots, mangoes and cantaloupe for containing vitamin A which is an antioxidant that protects the brain from destructive free radicles.
• Vitamin B complex, especially folic acid and vitamin B12, is necessary for the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system where it works on the production of neurotransmitters, and maintains the fatty outer envelope of nerve cells, available in meat, dairy products, eggs, legumes and beer yeast. Eat berries, acidic fruits, spinach and pepper because they contain the antioxidant vitamin C, which helps to get rid of toxins and waste, produce neurotransmitters, and promotes the production of collagen that helps the arteries stay flexible for an easy blood flow to the brain.
Herbal and Dietary Supplements:
• Omega acids: Make sure to eat foods and supplements containing important omega-3 and 6 like fish, nuts, wheat germ and flaxseed to help absorb vitamins and to grow and develop the brain functioning .
• Ginkgo: Add ginkgo as a herbal drink to help increase concentration and learning capacity of your child over 12 years.
• Royal jelly: A stimulant for physical energy, memory, concentration and speed of the leaning capacity.
• Safe protein supplements for children: bee pollen and wheat germ as important protein sources for the child and for an increased concentration and learning capacity, especially during the examination period (taking into account that the pollen increases the spring allergy).
• Vitamins and minerals: Vitamin D. The body needs it for a normal brain growth, concentration and memory. Zinc is bound to toxins and let the brain get rid from them.
The instructions and recommendations mentioned in this diet are general guidelines and do not take into account differences between individuals. Any health condition should be treated by a specialist and we advise you to consult your doctor before taking any product that may affect your health.