Stress & Anxiety
Relaxation is a state of mental stability, while anxiety, emotional instability, and depression are states of mental imbalance. Stress and anxiety are caused by nutrient deficiency due to an increased adrenaline secretion, which increases the metabolic rate. The body releases amino acids, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium. There are many ways to achieve mental clarity, and the most important of them are prayer and meditation, adequate sleep and breathing exercises, aromatherapy and soothing herbs, and body massage, and yoga.
● Have a meal each day comprising vegetables and fruits only, such as magnesium-rich banana, which helps to regulate the biological clock in the body and helps to get rid of anxiety and nervousness. Eat also vitamin C-rich kiwi, as its intake is associated with mental calm.
Consume low-fat dairy products rich in calcium, which plays a vital role in the production of melatonin (sleep hormone). Make sure you eat low-fat dairy products.
● It is recommended to consume fresh fruit and vegetable juices and filtered water. Avoid excessive coffee, tea, cola or soda because caffeine may cause nervousness after eating.
● Eat almonds, avocados, bananas, barley, sesame seeds, pumpkin, and honey because they contain tyrosine, the original substance that makes up the neurotransmitters that improve mood.
Herbal and Dietary Supplements:
● Royal jelly: has acetylcholine which improves the mood and reduces stress.
● German chamomile flowers: they can take it several times a day to help calm the nervous system and promote calm and toned sleep.
● Lavender flowers play a role in the treatment of sleep disorders, depression, frustration, and stress.
● St. John’s herb relieves nervous tension in particular and helps you relax without losing your ability to carry on with your day’s tasks.
● Peppermint has soothing properties and is safe for children.
● Lemon balm is used as a sedative and to reduce stress and anxiety.
● Aromatherapy with essential oils such as chamomile oil, bergamot oil or lavender oil have a relaxing effect due to the influence of scents on the brain. Add 10 to 20 drops in the bath and relax, or place two drops of oil on a handkerchief and smell it.
The instructions and recommendations mentioned in this diet are general guidelines and do not take into account differences between individuals. Any health condition should be treated by a specialist and we advise you to consult your doctor before taking any product that may affect your health.